REFLECTOR: NTSB report -John Denver

Todays NTSB report appears to be a wake up call to all of us builders. I
imagine the media will have a feeding frenzy on this one.
One summary states, " an experimental plane design contributed to the plane
crash that killed singer John Denver in 1997."
If you read the report it states that the original builder chose not to
follow the plans and located the fuel control valve in a non standard
position.
SOOOO, NTSB is going to ask that checkouts be required etc, etc.
FWIW. We as builders must consider what the outcome could be, when we start
making changes  to our projects.
I would think that this NTSB report should be required reading for all
builders. I'm sure we can all learn from it. End of sermon.
                                     Jack Hayes