Re: REFLECTOR: High oil temps

Jim,

My Franklin arrived last week. I agree with you on the need for 5/8"
from the cooler to the engine. The other question is the need for a
second cooler. I have been going back and forth with the Franklin group
on making the transition between 1/2" and 5/8" tubing, #8 and #10 hose,
3/8" and 1/2" pipe, and the need for a second cooler. There is one
interesting question that you raised and it's this: Should the line be
#10 SS hose from the engine to the cooler or a combination of 5/8"
aluminum from the cooler to the engine bulkhead and #10 SS to the
engine.

The question was raised by two flying Franklin's about cost, the need of
periodic replacement, and the abrasives of #10 SS in the duct between
the bulkheads.

The other question is aluminum vs. SS fittings. I have found that
"Automotive speed shops" offer a big selection of "blue AN aluminum
fittings". Where can SS fittings be found?