Re: REFLECTOR: High oil temps

I would strongly recommend 5/8" lines to the oil cooler.  I don't believe
that increasing them over that size will make a significant difference since
there is a limit to the heat rejection rate for the cooler.  Reducing the
number of fittings used will make a difference since each fitting is a
restriction.  I used #10 SS/Teflon hose and have only 4 fittings, two engine
& two cooler.  I also used SS fittings which are stronger than aluminum
(strongly recommended on the engine end).  My hoses use professionally
crimped on fittings which have somewhat larger internal passages than the
screw on removable types.

Jim

--

// James F. Agnew