Re: REFLECTOR: AD (more)

>Since we are now adding access panels in various places, maybe a few of these
>made from plexiglass or some other type of transparent material could
>faciltate an easier inspection of critical areas. Once a hole is cut into the
>keel, the removed part is no longer structural and it can be made of anything.

Not so sure. It seems to me that a glass cover plate properly screwed on
provides at least some static support.

>Seems to me that a flashlight and mirror will fit into an area that hands and
>tools won't. I've always thought that if one wants to encourage things like
>inspections, then it should be a easy as possible to perform these tasks. This
>may be one easy solution (of many) to help us keep our birds safer.

Exactly. One of my first reactions was a e-mail to Dave Black, the
spiritual father of the "Really Big Hatch" to tell him that his is an
invention that promotes safety. With the RBH I probably would have spotted
the real gremlin in Tucson. Even with the RBH, that bearing is really
buried! Don Royer's story discribes it very aptly!

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland