Re: REFLECTOR: Bulkhead Installation

David- I used a microglass/ Safetypoxy mixture for the fillets, then glassed directly to it before it had cured. My reasoning was that micoglass is structural while microballoons are not. Also the tape glass/ micro cure and bond as one, with no  need for a secondary bond. I used this on all my fillets. I also used microglass slurry to fill the weave inside the fuselage under the tape. Certainly it means extra weight- how much I don't know but I'd guess I bought at least 10 pounds of microglass over the course of the project. Most of it went into the strakes though.   -Bill

prototype 'Super' Chipmunk N18EF
Velocity Classic RG N6098S in the works