REFLECTOR: Internally ducted spinner

The posting today by Jerry Brainard brings up a sound idea that  I believe
has some merit. He states that an aero engineer suggests that someone
develop a spinner that has internal vanes to pull air through the cowl. Why
not? Does the engineer have any specific design in mind .Has this ever been
tried in the past? If not ,I wonder why .
Whatever the design might be, the balancing of it would be critical . Any
engineers out there with a thought or two?

Jack Hayes