Re: REFLECTOR: duct installation

Counter flow (as I understand it):
The counter flow concept has the coolest air flowing over the
heat exchange system end with the lowest coolent temperature.
These systems have some type of linear flow design.  Hot water
and cold air would come from opposite ends of the heat
exchanger.  In the perfect design the delta T is constant.
This is because as the air moving by the coolest water picks up
heat, it (the air) is moving over warmer water.  When properly
designed the difference in the air to water temperature is
constant and ideal for the speed of the air movement.  This
make the heat transfer rate ideal for the two media.  Anyway
that's the therory as I understand it.  Can it be designed our
use?  I don't know the engineering well enough to answer that
question.  It just sounds like an interesting possibility.

I also heard a suggestion form an aero engineer that we pusher
planes should develop a spinner with an internal vane that
could pull air to the other side of the prop.  He suggested
that one might even feed the exhaust out this way.  His basis
was that this would provide less turbulence to the prop disk,
increase power and improve cooling efficiency.

Too many options
Jerry Brainard

Jerry