REFLECTOR: Re: Peel Ply

>To: reflector@awpi.com
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Triax
>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:30:31 -0800
>From: David Doshay <ddoshay@cisco.com>
>
>Carl says:
>>Peel Ply works very well. It soaks up that last bit of resin. Use the
>>lightest weight you can get.
>
>I buy mine from a local discount fabric shop. Of course they
>know nothing about "peel ply,' but they do know about
>"really lightweight 100% polyester draprey liner."
>
>I recommend a distinct color like red or dark blue. You cannot
>miss telling if you have removed it or not. Some folks have
>made that mistake with cream-colored peelply. NOT a good
>thing.
>
>David

At the fabric store near me, they call it "Flag material".  Great
colors.

Peel ply is especially important on the edges of layups (so I've been
told), even if there will not be a secondary layup.  This effectively
eliminates the edge and therefore the edge stresses and delamination at
that point.

Larry Epstein
173 FGE