Re: REFLECTOR: Re: [c-a] Lightning strike

Martin, I have seen lightning strikes on fiberglass sailboats and it tends to do
one of three things.  Assuming that the lightning strike is on the mast or
supporting cables it a) blows a large hole in the boat, b) turns sections of the
fiber glass into a lovely bunch of strands that look like the lamps with all the
fine light pipes coming out the top, or c) micro perforates a section of glass.  I
saw this done to the stern of a sailboat and it looked like the hull on the inside
was sweating when it was in the water.

Jim

--
// James F. Agnew