REFLECTOR: Landing a velocity

It's not bad when you have a slight cross-wind, but when you get a stiff
cross-wind be careful.  I would guess that there are more than ten
significant accidents where people have balled-up their Velocitys due to
this.  It seems that there isn't enough cross control to maintain center
line. You could always land it in a crab I guess. Even my test pilot said
it can be quite a bear to handle and he is an ex F-16 and F-4 pilot. He
also has about 15 years in canard aircraft.  It just takes practice,
practice, practice.  Don't treat the cross-winds lightly.  When I was
building, a cross wind of about 15kts. claimed a velocity which I used to
look at.

Andy Judge