REFLECTOR: lightning strike

Well, I had a bolt of lightning hit my winglet.  Needless to say, it's
quite depressing.  For those of you interested, it does do quite a bit of
damage.  Enough to make me rebuild the entire winglet.  It also tore the
crap out of the rudder.  It won't be covered by my insurance either since
the deductable is so high.  Also, I would be willing to bet if this
happened in the air you would most certainly loose control of the plane.

Here is a question, does it seem that glass planes (canards in particular)
have a greater chance of being hit while parked on the ramp?  Has anyone
ever heard of this or is this just a stroke of bad luck.

Andy Judge
N55AJ