Re: REFLECTOR: The bearing

Simon,

   While installing the control system, I wondered about that bearing
and what would happen if the balls fell out of it.  I've seen a lot of
that on machinery, although I'm not sure if that is what happen to yours
(was it?).  I drilled out the center of a large, thin flat washer and
installed it on the tube with about one sixteenth inch clearance between
the washer and the outer race.  I thought that, if the bearing failed,
the washer would keep the tube from pulling through it.  Of course my
plane is still in the garage, so I don't really have a clue as to how it
will work in the real world.

   Anyway, I'm glad that you and your family are OK, and wish your
Velocity a speedy recovery.

Dave Scharfenberg
std/RG