REFLECTOR: Delta Hawk Update

----------
> From: DeltaHawk, Inc. <dhawk@execpc.com>
> To: Bill Eck <billeck@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: DPA
> Date: Tuesday, January 05, 1999 10:16 PM
> The Delta Hawk is getting closer. Here is a reply to a note I sent then.

> Hi, Bill.
>
> Well, we're not "there" yet, but we're going forward on more substantial
fuel than faith, at least.  The DPA will be on its way tomorrow ... thanks
for your
> continued interest.
>
> Most of the info you ask about and more will be on the website when we
feel it's all solid data.  But we've got a couple more months of endurance
tests and
> high power evaluations before we'll be at the point of providing more
accurate weights and SFCs than we've already provided.  So far, we're
staying quite
> close to specs.
>
> For your information:
>
> -- We did not use an intercooler to make the power we achieved.  That
doesn't mean we won't include one in the final system, of course, but we're
very
> pleased to be where we're at without it.
> -- We chose to bring out a 150 hp derated model for a very practical
reason ... because we can probably get it to market before all the
refinements needed
> for the 200 hp model will be ready.  And there are a lot of aircraft out
there that only need 150 hp.
> -- Since our test bed Velocity is about 250 lbs lighter than normal, we
may indeed do initial test flights with a 150 hp model.