REFLECTOR: duct installation

Bill Schweizer wrote:

>>Cut the duct into pieces by building 2" flanges at the cut points, the
overlapping parts of the flange stay on the long pieces so you can just lay
them on later.<<

Bill:

if you mean this the way I understand it, I would recommend: don't!

The duct as a structural element adds a lot of stiffness and stability to the
hull (unfortunately, this is the voice of experience). Secondly, you want the
inside of the duct to be as slick as an ice rink. Wou are going to shove untold
numbers of wires, lines and cables through these ducts and they have ample
opportunity to get caught among themselves. No need to make more catching
points.

Best
Simon