Re: REFLECTOR: Hyd. Fittings

In a message dated 12/25/98 3:55:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, bgamm11@juno.com
writes:

>  What type goop or tape is best to use on Hy. fittings.
>
>  Any good suggestions appreciated.

Hi Bob,

In the past, I have used teflon paste in some applications as it seals as well
as tape but doesn't provide the possibility of tape pieces coming loose and
fouling things up.

On my racing bikes, I have used epoxies such as JB Weld on the threads of
fittings. It makes for an absolutely leak proof fitting. The fitting becomes
almost permanently installed at that point so it is best to use fittings that
swivel and allow for proper alignment.

Dale Alexander
173 RG Gull-Wing (with apologies to Dave Black...)