REFLECTOR: Rudder return spring - antenna

Maybe someone can help me here.

I drilled the 1" hole for the rudder return spring just inside the inboard
skin of the winglet (Wingco wings) per instructions.  What I found there
apparently is one leg of the Archer Sportcraft antenna.  The hole just skins
by the antenna, and if I proceed to install the spring tube, it will
probably touch the antenna.

I expected that the antenna would be just under the outboard skin; but the
issue is: "What affect might this have on the antenna - -  impedance;
reflected power; general performance?"  Does it make much difference whether
it's touching or just very close?

Thanks,
Happy Holidays
Al Gietzen