REFLECTOR: Fuel pump

I've been talking to Bill at South East Fuels regarding some
sort of fuel pump that will work on the accessory pad.

There are alternatives available right now, but they may cost
upwards of $2,000 for us to implement.  He is looking for other
fuel pumps that may not be as expensive.

What I want to do is remove the fuel pump housing and replace it
with a standard accessory pad drive.  Yes, it already has a
drive, but it's rather long.  Some people have put their
vacuum pump on the fuel pump housing pad.  There is not enough
room between the firewall and the pump to replace it when it fails;
you have to unbolt the engine and then remove the pump.

If I could provide the accessory pad and the fuel pump for $1,000
would anyone buy it?

How about if it cost $500?  The fuel pump will be an aviation
(read approved) quality pump.  The new housing will not be
approved, so this will be strictly for us XA guys.

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!