Re: REFLECTOR: For those of you with High HP Shop Vacs read on

In a message dated 11/29/98 6:26:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Jim_Agnew@ibm.net writes:

> Another one of those engineered things that shouldn't work but does and
>  you will surely love it if you want to keep your hearing.
>
>  You can buy this Vac muffler at Home Depot near the shop vacuums.

Hi Jim,

Unless I'm mistaken, the chamber that you describe in you vacuum hose is
called a "Hemholz Chamber." I see them all the time on the intake systems of
cars. It acts to change the resonant frequency or something like that to keep
intake roar down...as you noted.

Dale Alexander
173 RGE