REFLECTOR: For those of you with High HP Shop Vacs read on

We use a sander that connects to the Vac to collect the dust as well as
many times when cutting and using other dust producing tools.  It works
well, but, the noise is very loud.  Following is a note I sent to Simon
that you may find interesting.

You will not believe this, I spent $10 on a 10" long piece of plastic
pipe with a bulge in the middle.  You can see right through it and it is

supposed to be a 5 DB muffler for that screaming shop vacuum.  It surely

can't work, I'm not that dumb, there isn't even a baffle in it.   What
oh what should I do?  And then it struck me when I asked the obvious
question what would Simon do.  Why yes an A - B test so I fire up that
screaming monster and jam that stupid piece of pipe in it and what to my

wondrous ears shall I hear but much quieter and total lack of those high

frequencies that make you go deaf.

Another one of those engineered things that shouldn't work but does and
you will surely love it if you want to keep your hearing.

You can buy this Vac muffler at Home Depot near the shop vacuums.

Jim

--

// James F. Agnew
// Tampa, FL