Re: REFLECTOR: AOA perspective

At 09:02 PM 11/28/98 EST, you wrote:
>   If people spent more time learning to "feel" what the airplane was telling
>them, and less time worrying about another d... distraction, maybe there would
>be less incidents and accidents. If you are flying a B70 or something of that
>ilk, maybe an AOA is needed, but at mach .3 or so , learn to feel the
>airplane!
>      MTSP    25,000+ mostly in ag planes.

I fly a BD-4 which definitely gets a mushy feel as it gets slow. My boss
just had a bug stick in his airspeed tube on approach in his long ez and
ended up mushing in short, folding his gear back,but otherwise unhurt. He
never did answer my question about the ?change in feel of canard aircraft as
airspeed slows, and how it compared to std aircraft. (He does have 700hrs in
his long ez,
4000 in A-6's, hundreds of carrier landings, is a Navy test pilot school trained
and was an instructor. I hate to ask again.)
  ONe of the recent articles in Sport Aviation referred to relatively little
change in trim as airspeed slowed in the Cozy MKIV, presumably meaning there
was little alteration in 'feel'.  Since my XL is a ways from flying, I was
curious if there could be a commentary from those experienced in actual
flight on the pitch and trim changes which occur with airspeed in the
Velocity models. and comment as to the utility of an AOA gauge if 'feel'
changes are minimal in canard aircraft.
  I did see the Rite angle installed on the XL prototype, in the factory
shop. Does anyone else have one installed.  It does appear to be much less
expensive