No Subject

Another advantage is knowing where the best AOA is regardless of loading of
the aircraft. Makes the landing stall/spin even less likely. Now if someone
could come up with a "take-off" AOA....other than the airspeed indicator or
climb indicator. I could never understand a departure stall anyway. Seems like
a pretty easy thing to avoid, at least at sea level.

The another notable advantage of owing any of these marvels, is that landings
would naturally become consistant, most likely even in horrible cross-winds.
I'm not so good in cross-winds...yet. Looks good to me.

The lit that comes with the $1400 AOA from Proprietary Sotfware list another
claimed fact. That in the event of an engine stoppage, the best angle of
attack will remain the same regardless of loading, fuel, bank etc. Once you
know the best AOA, it could extend you glide to the point of many additional
safe landing points.

The actual installation apparently does not need to be on the wing that
stalls. That is why I recommended that putting it in the outer knee joint of
the wing would be the easiest place. The instruction manual specifically
mentions that flying into a stall is not necessary. Only have to fly into a
zero G situation ONCE and the computer is calibrated. Once the computer is
calibrated for the main wing, everything should be hunky-dory. As it is the
main wing that we are worried about, the unit will give correct info. If the
canard is properly mounted as to incidence angle, I would think that the AOA
indicator will give useful info as to the flying status of the main wing. If
the AOA indicator is followed and the proper AOA is obtained during landing,
the canard should continue to fly properly be default. I await the slings and
arrows...

Send me your address Al, and I'll be happy to send along the info I have on
the high end system. I'm not endorsing it, it happens to be the only info I
have right now.

Hope this helps,

Dale Alexander
173 RGE