Re: REFLECTOR: AOA perspective

>What about you Velocity fliers (if any of you have read this far)?  Would
>you >like to have one of these on your airplane?  I'd like your feedback,
>because I'm >giving serious thought to making this installation.

Al:

(I have). Interesting ideas about simplifying the pressure differential
instruments. Of course any such thing needs to go onto the canard.

The reason why I have briefly toyed with the idea of the vane-cum-LED
version of the AOA meter is not only begause I hate to land hot but also to
have a reliable indication of such important speeds like best climb and
best glide that are weight dependent. On the other hand it doesn't hurt to
establish these during flight testing and to know the weight of your
airplane at all times. So, for the time being I have decided not to jump
in. But don't take anything for granted with me, when gizmos are concerned
<g>!

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland