Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron response

Simon Aegerter wrote:

> >Anyone up for
>

> I am planning to do just that. The black yarn is waiting in the hangar. I
> have always suspected that the vortillons are vortex generators in disguise
> and I want to prove it and I also want to see at what airspeed they become
>

> Best
> Simon
> Simon,

According to Barnaby Wainfain  in a recent article of his in Kitplanes "Wind
Tunnel"  vortillon is a contraction of pylon and vortex generator. Boeing or
somebody moved engines onto a wing instead of a pylon and the new aircraft
displayed some bad low speed handling. The device was created  to correct that
at high angles of attack and be low drag at high speed.Wayne Owens