Re: REFLECTOR: VM1000 DPU installation

Hello Chuck,
We recently helped a client install a VM1000 at Velocity West ... mounted
the DPU  inside the cabin on the firewall; ran the ribbon through the
tunnel (suspended/secured above the hydraulic ram on RG models) ... unit
functioned fine.  Suggest not running the ribbon through the side duct.
You may want to remove/install cables, oil lines, etc. ... that while easy
to remove, would possibly damage the ribbon when re-installing.
Best regards,
Scott Baker

----------
> From: Chuck Caldarale <n828cl@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Velocity Reflector <reflector@awpi.com>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: VM1000 DPU installation
> Date: Friday, November 13, 1998 3:07 PM
>
> I'm about ready to install the DPU box for my VM1000 engine monitor. I'd
> like to hear from anyone who's been there before (or at least thought
about
> it) about where to put it, and how to run the ribbon cable up to the
panel.
> My initial thought is to put the box on the firewall, just above the
spar,
> on the pilot side, and run the cable through the pilot side duct.
Comments?