Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Tanks

In a message dated 11/9/98 9:42:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
deann@calendarclub.com writes:

> Carl Hoffman  wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > At this point the
>  > overcenter linkage will not be straight up and down, but will lean to
>  > the copilot side, and will need an additional spring from Home Depot to
>  > help it move in that direction.
>  >

I really didn't want to get into this. If the inverted "V" of the overcenter
linkage is not straight up when the gear is retracted, one of the gear will
have to be slightly dropped out of the wheel well. If adjustments are made to
correct this, then the gear is not properly adjusted when it is down and
locked.

Is this 'spring' used to provide clearance between the overcenter linkage and
the strobe power supply? Am I reading about the strobe power supply being
attached to the spar in some manor? I certainly hope that I am in the dark
here, because if I am reading correctly what has been written so far, flight
safety items have been seriously compromised in the name of room to mount
things.

Somebody, please, clarify this for me so I can sleep!

Martin