Re: REFLECTOR: Mailing list (was Thermion)

> Please avoid sending e-mail to another  mailing list with a CC to this
> reflector. This can potentially set up an avalanche of cross-traffic
> between the two mailing lists and in addition I think we need to keep the
> address of this e-mail list out of public eyes.
>
> Thanks for your consideration...

This seems as good a time as any to post some info about the lists.

As some of you have noticed, the list may bounce your email to the
list.  The reason for this is that your address on file
does not match the address you sent email from.  This is a pain,
but it makes the list private.  In the past, a person could
send email to the list without being a member of the list.  This
is no longer the case.
Usually email bounces from those people who are "lurkers" and
haven't posted in a while -- at least not since I upgraded to
the majordomo software.

Subscribing and Unsubscribing:
I will probably set up an automated reminder with this info.
When you know of someone who wants to join, have them send email
to majordomo@awpi.com.  Please don't send it to me.  Majordomo
forwards all the mail to me, attaches a serial number to it,
and handles the whole administrative process.  It's easier
for me to approve requests this way.  The requestor still needs
to enter his kit serial number and everything.  I simply
reply to majordomo with a password for approval or disapproval
and Majordomo takes care of the rest.  Unsubscribing is the
same way.  Any email to majordomo@awpi.com will get you a list of instructions
on how to do certain things.

The list helps those who help themselves.

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!