Re: REFLECTOR: Pictures of the air intake on my bird

Brian;

A fundamental rule in air intakes is the air likes to be slowed down
smoothly (expanded) before being asked to do gymnastics around corners, etc.
My guess is that your scoop may work when open about 12 sq. in. or less (the
area a your exit), but beyond that point, most of the air will spill out of
your intake. Think of the shape of a NACA scoop; the reason they work so
well is that they expand and slow the air that is entering the narrow part
of the scoop.

Your air ducting should be larger than the full open position (back to more
drag).  One approach may be to have a fixed large intake, then a moveable
bypass vane that would allow air to bypass straight through for less flow
into the engine.

Al Gietzen