Re: REFLECTOR: Re: Engines

Joe wrote:

>>However, with an
>> auto conversion, you get an engine that is not designed to run for a
>> long time with the power output required for aviation, and therefore
>> would possibly need an overhaul far quicker than a Lyc

Generally true (or believed to be true), but just to note that a 13B rotary
on a gyrocopter (a trainer; so used pretty hard) has passed 2500 hrs with no
major overhaul.  No doubt that more data would be helpful.  I've talked to
users of overhauled Lycs who said they were overhauling again in as little
as 300 hours.

Al Gietzen