REFLECTOR: Engine cooling baffles

I would like to balance the cylinder head temps on my Franklin.
Cylinders 1 & 2 (closest to the firewall) and sometimes #3 (middle
starboard side) run hotter than the others.  Assuming that the baffles
are integrated into the plenum and made of fiberglass my question is,
when you construct a baffle do you build a vertical fence or do you
build an angled fence to redirect the flow?  And when you build a baffle
is it built just a few inches high or down close to the cylinder.  I
want to maintain maximum air flow and not create obstructions to the
rearmost cylinders.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Rob Morgan