RE: REFLECTOR: Engine weights

Dear Simon:
   Can't help from seeing all this stuff on the IO540.  Moving the gear
would only satisfy the problem of the airplane falling on the tail.
What about the CG?  Moving the gear does nothing about the CG.  In fact,
keeping the airplane from falling on its tail by less weight in the
engine compartment or extra weight in the nose is the ONLY way to solve
the CG problem, not moving the gear.  Extra weight in the nose can also
be a problem due to the difficulty of stopping the momentum created by
the extra weight once the airplane is pitched up due to either a pilot
induced pitch change or as a result of a gust at low speed.  In any
case, the use of a heavier engine should be explored with caution and
testing by someone qualified to do this testing.  Most of us are not
qualified to do this.
   Sincerely,

   Duane Swing