Re: REFLECTOR: Engine weights

Dave Black wrote
>Simon Aegerter wrote:
>>
>> With all that weight all the way back there, how do you 540 people keep
>> your bird from falling on its tail? Park it like a Long?
>

>What about modifying the main gear so it extends farther aft?

First, we have learned in the meantime that tese numbers are simply
fill-ins, but probably not too far from reality, soooo:
Moving the gear aft, that's what Allan Shaw recommends. Works for FGs;
wouldn't know how to do it on a retract. Maybe like Greg Poole recommends,
but even then you don't have more than a couple of inches at most or the
wheel hits the spar on retraction. Making the whole bird longer is probably
the best bet.

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland