REFLECTOR: Armpit scoops

I'm ready to mount my armpit scoops.

The other day I visited Alan Lundeen and noticed that his scoops
are permanently attached to his wing.  This arrangement lets
him remove his lower cowl without disconnecting his ducts from
the scoops.

I've got a standard elite fixed gear.
Now I'm looking at it.  What I would like to do is attach my
scoops to the fuselage/strake.  I would also like to move
the scoop leading edge nine inches in front of the cowl cut line.
The manual says to use three inches, but that's for attaching
to the cowl.

How much area should I have for an exit on this scoop?
Is moving it forward going to create any airflow problems?
It seems like it would actually be better since now it is slightly
behind the main gear rather than way behind.  It looks like it
will get a little higher pressure air due to the main gear.

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!