Re: REFLECTOR: [canard-aviators] Re:Glass Cockpits/Computers

Peter Beaty wrote:

I have to totally disagree with mister Staggs.  I predict total computerized
panels with triple redundancy.  In the very near future we will have aircraft
flying with three electrical sources, three CPU's and three soft screens mounted
in a "soft" panel for crashworthyness.

> >Additionally, the large planes that do fly with EFIS (Electronic Flight
> >Instrument System) displays ALWAYS have a redundant, stand-alone backup
> >for essential information, and we just don't have that kind of room if
> >you use a laptop.

Longs don't have panel space but Velocities and newer designs do.

Alan Shaw