Re: REFLECTOR: Engine weights

Simon Aegerter wrote:

> Peter Beaty wrote:
>
> >What kinds of weights AND C.G. are folks actualy getting for each of
> >what seems to be the 3 main engines folks are using now:
> >>
> >>IO-360:        ??? lbs  and   ??.? inches c.g. from  ?? datum line
> Franklin:      1568 lbs       129.7               nose
> Velocity LW Elite RG, full IFR panel, sound proofing, full sump tank.
>
> >I guess the easiest to understand might be to use the aft face of the
> >firewall as reference or datum line.
>
> The standard procedure for the Velocity is to use the nose

Peter,
Didn't you mean some like:

IO-360    320.4 lbs    24.2 inches from firewall.
I0-540    396.4 lbs    28.2 inches from firewall.
FRANKLIN  318.4 lbs    24.4 inches from firewall.
MAZDA     430.2 lbs    19.4 inches from firewall.
CHEV V6 Alum block
etc, etc

In other words the weight of the engine and the c.g. of the engine from
the firewall. The empty weight of the plane depends on a lot more things
than the weight of the engine. I think your interested on knowing the
effect of hanging different engines on the same plane.

Carl Hoffman