Re: REFLECTOR: fuel capacity

I asked Duane about the extended fuel option, which is simply reducing
baggage strake area in exchange for added fuel capacity, with the hoped
for life dream of flying overseas.

His response was that sure I could do that, but I'd suffer the permenant
loss of my baggage area, and if I wanted to fly overseas I can get
rubber marine bladder(s) for extra fuel anyway.  One of us (are you out
there) put in the bladder(s) and made it to the Azores without using
it.

As I wouldn't normally take off with full fuel (even without extra
capacity) and four adults, and I'd rather stop for food, fresh coffee, a
weather update (DUATs will nicely overlay an RMS flight plan chart) and
a real bathroom on a long cross-country anyhow, I'd just as soon have
the extra baggage area which also does a great job in eliminating
passenger clostrophobia.  Even with full-fuel, 2 adults 2 kids, I'd be
making the stop(s) anyway.

When (if) I ever make 'the crossing' I'll do the rubber bladders, which
I'd do anyway.  And without the extra humans.

As for W&B, run the numbers, but this should not pose a problem as long
as you DO NOT EXTEND your tanks REARWARD, as an one Velocity driver did
(maybe that's ex-driver, cuz he may no longer be with us...I forgot the
various stories).  If it were a problem, I'm sure the factory wouldn't
advertise std and optional fuel capacities.

My 2 cents,
Jeff Barnes
XL-RG N411JB