[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: REFLECTOR: Engine weights
David Doshay wrote:
> A few of us have taken our discussions of Mazda rotories
> offline from the reflector, and we have come to a point for
> which we need your input.
> The manual advises that the firewall rearward package
> should weigh 400 lbs or less.
> What kinds of weights are folks actualy getting for each of
> what seems to be the 3 main engines folks are using now:
> IO-360: ??? lbs
> Franklin: ??? lbs
> IO-540: ??? lbs
> I guess that we would also like info from anybody else on the
> true importance of that 400 lb number, as well as info on any
> other conversions out there.
> Thanks much,
Following are the weights for the 6A350C Franklin Engine:
ENGINE & ACCESSORIES WEIGHT
- Engine 135 kg/297 lbs
- Marvel Schebler Carburetor (MA-5; 10-4865) 2.2 kg/4.84 lbs
- Bendix Magneto (S6RN-21; 10-51365-54) 5.4 kg/11.88 lbs
- SLICK Magneto (6399) 4.6 kg/10.12 lbs
- Ignition Harness 2.7 kg/5.94 lbs
- Spark Plugs (RHB-32E) 1.5 kg/3.3 lbs
- Alternator Drive 1.8 kg/3.96 lbs
- Fuel Pump Drive 1.35 kg/2.97 lbs
- Alternator Prestolite ALX 8421 12 5.5 kg/12.1 lbs
- Starter Prestolite MCL 6502 CWD, 12V 8.7 kg/19.14 lbs
- SkyTec Starter (new - presently being manufactured)
(being recommended by the factory) Approx. 10 lbs.
- Fuel Pump A.C. Spark Plug Div.(4886) 0.45 kg/.99 lbs
- Propeller Pitch Governor Woodward 1.6 kg/3.52 lbs
New Aviation, Inc.