Re: REFLECTOR: CHT/EGT monitors

Bob Ginsberg wrote:

> I originally installed the VDO CHT from velocity.  This had one CHT
> gauge, and a 4 position selector switch.  I screwed up the installation,
> and these haven't worked in quite a while.
>
> I am looking to replace the CHT hole (2 1/4") with one monitor/analyzer
> that can look at all 4 CHTs as well as all 4 EGTs.  I see JPI and
> Electronics international have such animals, both look like they'll be
> about $1000 with probes and extension leads.
>
> Any comments on these two, are any other 2 1/4" monitors for CHT/EGT.

I have to agree with Jim on the multi meter preference ...Allegro.My
personal preference is real simple.  I'm installing three dual needle gauges
for my 6 cylinders of CHT's.  My EGT I'm doing with just one dual gauge on
just two cylinders.  For me it is easyer to scan, redundent and cost $180
for 6 cylinders of  CHT indicators.  Most of the money is in good bayonet
type senders.

Alan