Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel strainers

Putney, Gordon A. wrote:

>         I am considering removable finger strainers (4) in my 173RG
> tanks instead of the fixed (uncleanable) strainers in the plans.   Any
> thoughts on this approach?????

There are four fuel strainers in the tanks of a Velocity. They are
strainers, not filters. There should be only one replaceable fuel
filter. I believe, that the strainers, which should have a screen size
smaller than the smallest fuel line, were intended to "screen" debris
from the tanks, not filter the fuel. The screens are not replaceable.

Screening is important to Civil Engineers. I am a Mechanical Engineer.

Carl Hoffman, P.E. KY8767