Re: REFLECTOR: Pitot / static accuracy

Back in my flying training days in the old spam can, if your static port
freezes and you do not have an alternate static port in the cabin, then
break the vertical gauge glass to create an alternate port.  However, doing
so cause a higher, I believe, reading because of the difference in the
pressure inside the cabin and outside.

Now for my silly question.  If the cabin has high pressure because of the
opening in the  strakes, if a static port was put in at the very nose of the
aircraft, on the inside, wouldn't the pressure be lower there or almost be
neutral?

Still buildin.

Bob Kuc
173 FGE