REFLECTOR: Attaching Winglets.

Hi.

We're ready to attach the winglets on our XL with the 173 wing. The
builder's manual has a measurment to the front end of the wing and the back
end of the wing, from the wing attach bolt holes. There is a difference of
10" (greater in the back of the wing). The manual says that when the
winglet is placed at the end of the wing the front leading edge the shorter
of the two measurements is to the forward leading edge of the winglet.

Our question is this:
  What defines the forward leading edge measurement on the winglet forward
tip:
    To the center of the leading edge, or to the most inside part of the
forward tip?

Thanks,
Allison and Barry Gibbons