REFLECTOR: icing

I've had some limited experience with icing on my standard,fg.  Twice
during IFR flights in the northeast I picked up between 1/4 and 1/2". On
one of the two occasions I also picked up some very light icing on the
windscreen.  On both occasions I was able to get rid of the ice by
descending to a lower altitude.  On neither occasion did I note any pitch
change or change in IAS.  I've also had some experience flying in moderate
to heavy rain - no pitch change under these conditions either.
Manny Lewis