REFLECTOR: Re: Low RPM's

I too initially had problems with the Franklin with an IVO prop.  The
mag from Atlas was off by almost 30 degrees and I had to adjust the Jeff
Rose ignition with a meter.  It now runs great, in fact it will
overspeed on the takeoff roll if I'm not careful.

BTW, I just did a trip from Denver to New Orleans to Tampa to Sebastian
to Miami and back to Denver.  No problems with either the Franklin
engine or the IVO prop.  My only complaint is the oil breather is
allowing too much oil to go overboard.  I bought the cheap Spruce oil
collector and saw no difference.  I guess I will try to design my own.
Any suggestians would be welcome.

For those of you with the electric IVO prop I solved my problem with the
brushes wearing too quickly, by cutting off about 6 coils of the spring
thus reducing the pressure on the brush.  One set of brushes lasted the
entire trip with plenty of brush left.  Before reducing the brush
pressure I was getting about 4 to 5 hours per set.