Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel sender

Martin A Hadley wrote:

> With regards to the engine monitor units with RS232 output, these are
> storage downloads, not real time, correct? It would seem for in-flight
> panel display one would need real time output of every engine parameter,
> oil temp / press, fuel flow / press, RPM, MP, etc.
>
> Also, most of these units need to be "programmed" to facilitate download,
> temporarily disabling the operational mode of the unit.
>
> Martin,

My Grand Rapids Technologies  Engine Information System continuously updates
its screen while outputting all data once per second on a serial port. I just
finished my last test stand run of the SVX engine recording 2 EGTs ,
2CHTs,Manifold pressure,system voltage ,fuel flow,Rpm, engine hours,fuel
remaining,oil and water temp and fuel pressure. I use a laptop to store the
data during the run and Excel to graph the data for analisys.