Re: REFLECTOR: Gear down hydraulic pressure.

Mel;

I also had gone through a series of pressure measurments with the basic end
result the same as you.  I made some postings to the Reflector about this
about six months ago.  After discussing with the folks at Velocity (and at
their suggestion) I sent my switches back to VEP for recalibration (at my
expense of $45) with no net effect.

Contrary to the implication in the manual, the srews apparently adjust
bandwidth, with greatest effect on the "turn on" pressure.  My conclusion
finally was that the "turn off" pressure is determined more by the time
delay in the mechanical relays and pump inertia than by the pressure switch
setting.

Although the resulting pressures are obviously way beyond that needed for
gear down, and do result in unnecessary stresses in the system; they
apparently also do not result in any damage.  So, I guess, go fly and forget
about it; or consider solid state switches.

Al Gietzen  RGE