Re: Hand Mikes

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 08:54:37 -0400 "Denis Miller" <denism@computer.net>
writes:
>Are standard CB Microphones (twenty bucks at Radio Shack) compatible
>with aircraft radios?
>
>Denis Miller

Denis,

I suppose they would be. I have never tried to convert one for use in an
airplane. I would think  that the background noise suppresion of the CB
mic isn't near the quality of the aircraft use designed and tested mics.
I base that on the fact that most airplanes are far noisier in the cabin
than a car or truck.

I will say that if the Radio Shack mic is a carbon type, your wasting 20
bucks!

Safe and Speedy Construction

Martin

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]