Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel gauges

Simon wrote:

>just a word to Martin's suggestion: I have the internal fuel sensor in my
>sump tank and I do not recommend it. It is a long lever that hangs down
>when the level goes below it and swims when immersed. In my sumptank (RG
>Elite) I will not be able to take it out unless the tank is full or I take
>the tank out.
>
>Besides it shows the low fuel warning all the time. No, there is no short
>outside the tank and inside - well, see above.

I bought one of the sensors mentioned by Martin, and returned it to the
factory for a refund.  I was hoping there might be a simple, but more
reliable way, to solve this problem.  I believe in KISS, but I'm not sure
what simple really is.  Back to the think tank.

Thanks for your advice.

All the best,

Dennis