Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel gauges

>Why not install a float switch, like the one used in the sump tank, at
>the level you wish to be notified of? One switch, one lamp. The ole
>K.I.S. (Keep It Simple) principle.

Dennis:

just a word to Martin's suggestion: I have the internal fuel sensor in my
sump tank and I do not recommend it. It is a long lever that hangs down
when the level goes below it and swims when immersed. In my sumptank (RG
Elite) I will not be able to take it out unless the tank is full or I take
the tank out.

Besides it shows the low fuel warning all the time. No, there is no short
outside the tank and inside - well, see above.

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland