Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel sender

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998 18:48:26 PDT "lawrence epstein"
<ljepstein@hotmail.com> writes:
>The JPI and vm1000 both look good but there seems to be a large
>difference in price.
>
>One additional consideration is I hope to be using an
>integrated/microprocessor based panel (sounds good, huh?) eg.
>Archangel
>and therefore need rs232 out.

Larry,

I know of no engine monitoring systems that have complete information RS
232 output. Serial data is usually found in the more expensive units and
in this case that would be the two systems you mentioned. There are a few
EGT/CHT scanners out there that has outputs for up to the last 100 hours
of operation so that time/temperature comparisons can be made for
troubleshooting purposes. Maybe I was misinformed, but I thought the
Archangel engine panel came with the appropriate probes and its own A/D
converter.

As far as fuel gauges, if you go with the Vision Micro, you will be
locked into the VMI system. Their EC-100 Electronic warning/checklist
unit contains the A/D converter for the fuel quantity gauge and the
EC-100 is virtually useless as an digital alpha/numeric warning display
without the DPU (Digital Processing Unit) which is the heart of their
engine monitor system.

JPI is a clean, compact, digital numeric gauge that can stand alone. One
gauge can be used for both tanks provided a simple SPDT selector switch
is installed. If desired, two gauges can be installed, one for each tank.

If you are considering the Archangel panel, does it not have fuel q'ty
displayed on it? What probes do they recommend?

Safe and speedy Construction,

Martin

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]