Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel sender

Larry- I bought a JPI EDM-700 for the Velocity and am in the middle of
installing one with fuel flow into the Chipmunk. There is a RS-232 port
(standard equipment) which outputs all EGT's, CHT's, TIT's, oil temp, EGT
span, shock cooling, OAT, and volts depending on the sensors used. Fuel flow
option also includes fuel flow and fuel remaining outputs. Depending on the
engine used the flow transducer mounts between the throttle body and spider
or between the fuel pump and the servo/throttle body or carburetor, so you
wouldn't have to do anything about it yet.
  I'm using the Skysport dual fuel gauge and installed the probes where the
strake contacts the fuselage. As I remember I used 24" probes, 3" bendable
length. They angle from just inside the top skin of the strake down and
forward of the wheel well, penetrating two baffles. With a fixed gear you
might be able to do something different. I took some care in planning layups
and microglassed areas to inset (encapsulate) the aluminum screw plates and
seal the hole through the fuselage. Since Safety Poxy doesn't bond well to
aluminum I tried to ensure that there was no path for fuel to get to and
then around them.  -Bill

prototype 'Super' Chipmunk N18EF
Velocity Classic RG N6098S in the works