REFLECTOR: Fuel gauges

1. Where can I buy a fuel gauge that reads through the 1/4" foam in the
baggage strake?  I'd like to install a warning device on the panel that
tells me when I'm down to a quarter tank.  Scott Swing told me about
someone who sells such a device, but he hasn't answered my phone call.

2. Vance Atkinson sells a hard plastic site fuel gauge for something like
$35.00 a pair.  He mentioned that about a dozen Velocities are using them.

Is anyone installing them?  Your opinions?

Is anyone flying with them?  I'm ready to get this part of my cabin finished.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis Martin